Why I learnt to code...

I never thought I wanted to learn to code, in fact it is probably something that would have never even crossed my mind had I not found myself in search of a new career.

Let me give you a quick background, I was a dance teacher and I loved my job but the hours were sporadic and I felt I lacked career progression. I wanted a challenge, a career I could work my way up in and something I could see myself still doing as I got older. That’s where coding came in.

Well, to be honest it came a year and a half later after a short spell in recruitment and turning back to teaching, still trying to find that new career. It was my boyfriend who convinced me to take a look into web development, he himself being a software engineer experienced first-hand how much of a rewarding career it could be if not just the challenge I was looking for.

Fast forward to now and with the hit of COVID-19, I found myself like a lot of people in a very different situation, with a very different outlook and a need for something different. That side challenge of coding around work, suddenly looked more like a career prospect and I found a new sense of determination to get to that point. So I continued, I took courses on Udemy, free code camp, Scrimba (all of which are brilliant resources!), I completed projects, updated my GitHub, my CV anything to get myself ready to start applying for jobs in the field.

So now here I am a former dancer trying to become a professional developer…let’s see what happens.


Popular posts from this blog

Thinking about thinking...

Keeping an open mind...

Things are starting to add up...